Client Complaint Procedure
We endeavour to provide a high quality service and to carry out our work on behalf of all clients in a prompt, efficient and professional manner. If you have any queries or concerns we invite you to raise these with the staff member responsible for the conduct of your matter in the first instance.
Occasionally the member of staff will be unable to resolve the issue to your satisfaction and in that event the following formal complaints procedure will be adopted:-
- It would be helpful for your complaint to be made in writing addressed to the Practice. Please set out your name, address, and your pets name (noted on all correspondence), the person(s) dealing with the matter and the nature of your dissatisfaction. Alternatively, please send your complaint in e-mail form to the email address of email@example.com
- We will send an acknowledgement within 5 working days of receipt of the complaint.
- The Practice will, within 6 weeks of receipt of the complaint, send you a substantive response or, where appropriate, offer an early appointment to discuss the situation with you.
- If the Practice is unable to give a substantive response within this timescale we will write to you to explain the reason why and set out the timescale when you can expect a substantive response.
- In all cases a copy of your complaint and the determination of that complaint by the Practice will be discussed with all members of staff that were involved with your case. If you are not satisfied with the determination by the Practice and associated staff members you may refer the complaint to the Senior Clinical Director. To do so you should reply to the response within 7 days of receiving the determination from the Practice setting out the reasons for your dissatisfaction.
- The Senior Clinical Director/Practice Manager will review your complaint and where appropriate may offer to meet with you to discuss your concerns. Any review or offer of meeting will normally be sent within 10 working days of your referral to the Senior Clinical Director/Practice Manager. If the Practice is not able to deal with the matter in that timescale they will write to you with an explanation and confirmation as to when you can expect to receive their determination.
- We have 6 weeks to consider your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint you may ask the Royal College to consider your complaint. The Royal College can be contacted on 020 7222 2001 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, Belgravia House, 62-64 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2AF.
- Please note the matter will be treated as resolved if there is no follow up from you within 28 days of any letter of substantive response.